Friday, January 04, 2008

Return of the Prodigious Slacker

So, New Year, new chance to get nowhere.

Currently I'm filling out 2 applications for jobs with the local council. One I can do, One I really want. But on past experiences with them, I won't even get a reply. Understandable, there is now an 18 month gap in my CV which just keeps getting bigger. Thing is, I have been looking for work, but no-one seems willing to take on someone with ME/CFS. But again, the longer I'm unsuccessful the less chances I'll have to get a job. A stupid cycle that unfortuanetly makes perfect business sense.

So, as to the writing - Lunatics and Fools got a mostly positive review over at Whispers. Still only sold 3 copies of it though.
My first novel really needs another revision and a snappy synopsis, but I keep putting it off. Don't get me wrong, I am proud of my work, but I like the writing - not the hawking to agencies.
Have nearly finished the first adventure for my Spy character - probably be submitting that to Astonishing Adventures! Magazine when it's had a polish.
Have thought of 3 new novel ideas over Christmas, but think I'll go for the one that seems most in keeping with my first - ie Children's adventure, not harsh, dystopian sci-fi.
And the plans for my one man radio play podcast keep coming - I just need to sit and write out the overall outline and find some cheap (read free) recording software.

Plan to update here twice a week. Let's see how long that lasts.

The problem I have is because I'm not working and no-one I know lives locally, I don't do much. But Maybe some critiques of adverts, TV shows and films might keep the flow alive.

Till then.

No comments: