Monday, September 17, 2007

RIP Robert Jordan

It's been a while since I posted, and I'm sad that this is the reason I choose to come back.

The Wheel of Time books have been part of my life for over 15 years now. It was only 3 weeks ago I finished a 2 month big re-read of the whole lot in one lump, excited about how it would finally end.

While I mourn the passing of a man whose imagination created a world of immense scope and complexity, I rejoice that the words he gave us will last. He has left behind him a literary legacy that his family can be proud of. More than that, he has given joy and wonder to so many, I hope they can find some comfort that the death of a man most have never met will touch so many so profoundly.

The Wheel of Time was both a wonderful place for me to go to and a huge inspiration in my own attempts at writing.

The Dragon has passed, and the world will never be the same again.

No comments: