Monday, March 12, 2007

70000 words and still writing

Yes, that's right. Today I hit 70000 words and I'm still going.
I'm now in the middle of the end fight and I'm feeling good about this. I may even work through until I get to the very end of the battle. To get to the very last bit of action would be awesome, it's possible I could even do that tonight. If I worked like a mad bastard I could even have a finished book by tomorrow and although I'm tempted to go for it, I don't think it's such a great idea.

OK, so I said I could have it done by yesterday, but I lost 2 days after Thursdays late nighter, so finishing tomorrow or Wednesday isn't bad for that guess.
Final word count guesstimation - 78000.
That's 7000 more than I have now. I'm thinking another 3 to get to the end of the fighting and 4 to tie up loose ends and lay the groundwork for book 2. Plus, that totally unexpected cliffhanger that should make you all want the second part of the saga.

I'm due in Reading this weekend and it will be wicked if I have a finished first draft to get my mates to buy me drinks for, I mean celebrate with me.

No comments: