Monday, January 12, 2009

Week 2 - Villains and Monsters

Well, day 1 of week 2 and I'm still getting up and going to work at my desk.
This is a good thing.
Last week I went to Brighton on Thursday after my work and a very sudden meeting with my advisor. I hadn't managed to get into Brighton to pick up my comics for about 6 months (I can tell this because there were 6 issues of The Walking Dead for me to buy), which meant that there was a big old stack of nearly 40 comics. Costing me, well, let's just say it was not cheap.
So I won't leave it that long again.

Unfortunately I overestimated how much energy I had to spare and had a major crash on the train home.
I had really forgotten just how bad my bad can be. I was pale, sweaty, feeling nauseous. Unable to sit properly or hold my head by by use of my neck muscles alone. I must have looked like I either had the plague or was going cold turkey.
It's been a long time since I overextended myself like that and now I remember why.
I guess I just have to stick my hand in the fire every so often to remind myself that it's hot and it hurts.

That left Friday as a kille and I had to quit after 45 minutes. Managed about 700 words though, so not a total wash-out.

Today I start after a weekend of not exactly taking it still, by being mostly sedentary.

Today I have revealed the villains history, which did not even exist until this morning, when I was stuck for what actually happened in this chapter/scene.
But with his history now fixed, he becomes more than just this shadowy boogey man that he has been.
Plus it gives our wise character real motivation beyond the obvious to lay the big ole smack down in the finale.

Today's Word Count: 1787
Total Words: 14613

No comments: